The mission of The Dodge County Humane Society, Inc. is to promote animal welfare by providing care and shelter to animals in need, by facilitating adoptions and by educating the public.
The purpose of the society shall be:
a. To ensure all animals are treated humanely;
b. To find homes for all adoptable animals;
c. To make every effort to reunite lost pets with their owners;
d. To promote spaying and neutering as a way of controlling pet over population;
e. To offer guidance to anyone who asks our help with a pet;
f. To come to the aid of any injured animal;
g. To provide euthanasia when it is determined to be in the best interest of the animal.
Some basic information about us:
- The Dodge County Humane Society, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) not for profit organization and donations are tax deductible. We receive no government funding and rely heavily on donations to keep our doors open.
- We spend much more on our animals than our adoption fees bring in.
- We contract with only 14 of the 43 municipalities in Dodge County.
- We need funds to finish the building and to cover our operating costs.
- Do more to encourage people to spay and neuter their pets.
- To get every adoptable animal in a home as quickly as possible.
- To reduce the number of unwanted, stray animals.
- Offer more educational opportunities to the public
- YOU, your support, and financial help.
If we cease to exist,
- Who will take care of the stray and homeless pets?
- Where would you look if your pet was lost?
- Who will be a voice for the neglected, lost, and abused animals in need?